Learn the voting process at the polls
1) The polling official first verifies your name and then the proof of identity in the voter list.
2) After this the second officer will put blue ink on your finger and then you will get a slip. Not only that, you have to sign Form 17A.
3) After this you have to give a ticket to the third polling station and then point the finger with blue ink. After this, they will go to the polls.
4) After this press the button of the election symbol that appears next to your preferred candidate on the EVM system. After doing this you will hear a voice.
5) After pressing the button, check the slip in the open window of the VVPAT machine. In it, you will find important information like candidate’s serial number, name, symbol, etc. This information is only visible for 7 seconds. This is because after this the ticket will automatically go to the sealed VVPAD box.
6) If you do not like any of the candidates, you can click on the NOTA (none above) button shown on the EVM system. This is the last button on the EVM.
7) Voter Guide for more information http://ecisveep.nic.in/ As quoted
Pay attention- Mobile phones, cameras or any kind of gadgets will not be allowed in the polling booth.
Voters can take their approved ID card with them to the polls. Holding a voter ID card is not mandatory. You can pick up any of the following ID cards:
1) EPIC (Voter ID Card)
3) Driving license
4) Service ID card issued by Central / State Government / Public Limited bearing the photograph of the employee
5) Passbook issued by the bank / post office with photo
6) Pan card
7) MNREGA Work Card (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act)
8) Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of the Ministry of Labor and Employment
9) Retirement document with photo
10) Official Identity Card issued to MP / MLA / MLC
11) Aadhar card