Recall that in June last year, the government said that every citizen of the country should attach their PAN card and Aadhar card by March 31.
The Income Tax Department issued a statement saying, “… now the last date for merging the Aadhaar number and PAN is 30 September 2019”.
The CPDT said in some reports that ban cards that were not linked to the Aadhaar number would not be valid till March 31. With this in mind, the government has set a deadline of September 30 to link the Bancard Aadhar card.
The connection date of the two cards has been extended but has also been reported. But it will be mandatory to mention the Aadhar card when filing the income tax return.
Note that last year the Supreme Court recognized the federal government’s Aadhar Act as constitutionally valid. It was also said that Aadhar will be mandatory to file ID income or apply for Ban Card.
Here are some ways in which having an Aadhaar card can help you
To link the Aadhaar number with the PAN card, you need to go to the most e-filing website (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/) and follow these steps.
1. If you are visiting this website for the first time, first click ** Register here **. After this, after providing the PAN details, generate the password after the OTP verification. You must log in after this.
2. If you already have an account, click ** Sign in here **.
3. You must enter your PAN number in the user ID. Then enter the password, then the captcha code. Finally click on ** Login **.
4. After this a pop up window will appear, in which you will be asked to attach the reference number. Then enter the reference number and then the captcha code. Finally click on ** Now Link **.
5. If you do not see the pop-up window, do not worry. You can easily combine the two numbers. To do this, go to the profile settings that appear in the top menu. After this, click on the ** Link Resource ** option.
6. Then enter your reference number and click ** Save **.
Explain that this method only works when the ban card and Aadhar card details match correctly. For those whose two card details did not match exactly, the government tried to simplify the system. All you have to do now is give me a scanned copy of your ban card. Apart from this, the tax department also plans to offer online options in this regard. This will give taxpayers the option to add Aadhaar to its e-filing portal. In this option, they must select the one-time password (one-time password) option without changing the name. To choose this option, he has to provide the date of birth mentioned in both his documents and he can add the PAN on an online basis as he sees fit. It seems that this option is not yet available.
How to connect Aadhar and Ban card via SMS
The Income Tax Department has provided the facility of two numbers 567678 and 56161 to link Aadhar and Ban card. To do this, you need to send an SMS in the form given below. UIDPAN123456789012ABCDE12345. In this text, the 12 digit number is your reference number and the other is your PAN card number.
However, it is mandatory for all taxpayers to link PAN and Aadhaar via SMS or internet. But those individuals have to combine both cards that are not taxed on income.